Saturday, February 26, 2011

Log Entry 26th February 2011

Spent another day undertaking some maintenance. The acetone worked a treat and all of the residual carpet glue is off the  floor. Got stuck into all the other internal glass work and although I’m probably only half way there, Lara is scrubbing up well.

interior3

Depending on the severity I found that bleach and sugar soap removed mildew and other stains. I brought all of the wooden locker covers home with me to work on at my convenience. They are also covered in mildew and need to be cleaned and revarnished. I wiped the the remainder of the internal woodwork with undiluted tea tree oil. It seems to be a very useful cleaning agent and leaves the boat smelling much fresher.

A few other jobs to do before the cabin area is finished. I brought the companion way ladder home with me. I’m thinking about removing the carpet wrapped around the steps, it’s partly hanging off anyway, and I’m warming to the idea of nicely varnished rungs. Stove and gimbal has also been brought home for a thorough cleaning. the stove itself  has a fair bit of accumulated grease on it, particularly in the hard to reach places when it is mounted inside the gimbal.

No comments: